McDonald's China recently debuted Black and White burgers, which have been served as a political statement. The burgers, which according to blogger TheBeijinger, refers to a Chinese phrase "heibai liangdao tongchi" which is a term used to describe persons who have ties with both the government and organized crime. The black burger is a beef patty with chopped onions, a black pepper sauce topped with white sesame seeds whereas the white burger is a chicken burger drenched in a sweet and spicy sauce with black sesame seeds.
This political statement meal is a surprise from the company, who is currently opening a restaurant in the country every day by 2015.
- 10 Bizarre McDonald's Branding Moves
- Mickey D's Humanizes Fast Food With "The A-Z of McDonald's"
- McDonald's Australia to Start Using DNA Spray to Stop Robbers
- McDonald's China to Open One Restaurant a Day by 2015
- McDonald's Reflective Billboard Casts a New Light on Outdoor Advertising
- Infographic Shows Regional McDonald's Menu Items
- McDonald's Germany Pretzelnator is a Crowd-Sourced Combination Created by Fans
- McDonald's Tries Table Service in the UK
- McDonald's McCafe Ground Coffee Available to Purchase in Canada
- Kesha: I'll Help Fund McDonald's Slaughterhouse Makeover
- Tamara's Black Bean Chili
- Maren's Black Forest Cake
- Priya's Black Bean Soup
- Refried Black Beans
- Vegetarian Jajang Myeon (Noodles w Black Bean Sauce)
- Black Vatana Sambhar with Puttu
- Mexican Black Bean and Spice-Rubbed Tofu Torta with Puerto Rican inspired Tostones
- Alabama Caviar - Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
- Baked Costa Rican Style Tilapia With Pineapples, Black Beans and Rice
- Quick Sweet Potato Black Bean Burritos