As an animal activist, it is no surprise that Bob Barker is a vegetarian. The former television host says his diet has many health benefits, especially for those in their golden years.
"I became a vegetarian out of concern for animals, and I was a vegetarian for a very long time before I realized that many people become vegetarians out of concern for their health," Barker said. "I think they are absolutely right. I think it is the healthiest way to live. The answer to enjoying life is nutrition. I recommend that you become a vegetarian and exercise if you want to enjoy the golden years."
Barker added that he became an activist for animals about 35 years ago and believes some people are just born with a natural love for animals.
- Travis Barker Credits 2008 Plane Crash for His Vegan Lifestyle
- Travis Barker's Kids are Vegans
- Celebrity Trainer Bob Harper Cheats on Vegan Diet With Pizza
- James Cromwell Talks About his Vegan Lifestyle
- Lea Michele Talks Misconceptions About Vegans
- Anne Hathaway Talks Embracing Vegan Diet
- Bill Clinton Talks Vegan Diet With Ellen
- Kathy Freston Brings Vegan Tips to 'The Talk'
- James Cameron Talks Going Vegan
- Elizabeth Gillies Talks Maintaining a Vegan Diet
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Banana Bread
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup