Mario Batali is passing on his torch of being his family's famed chef to his two sons, Benno and Leo. The two preteens are about to publish their very own cookbook.
Mario revealed to Grub Street that they originally created the cookbook for his 50th birthday. "They gave it to me as a 50th birthday present two years ago, and we've been dancing around it for a while, wondering waht to do."
The Batalis have since signed a deal with Harper Collins for The Batali Brothers Cookbook. It will first be released as an e-book in time for Christmas.
"The boys cook, they love it, they are truly great kids... for all the bullsh*t around me, being their father is the most important thing in my life," Mario said.
- Mario Batali's Jellyfish Salad
- Joe Jonas' Culinary Passion is Burning Up
- Mario Batali Releases Wine Collection with TastingRoom.com
- Mario Batali Auctions Off His Ponytail
- Joe Jonas Cooked with Mario Batali on The Chew
- Nora Ephron Secretly Published a Private Cookbook
- Gwyneth Paltrow Could Dominate Food Industry
- Best Italian Cookbooks of 2011
- The Cookbook Collector: The Mozza Cookbook
- Mario Batali Settles Server Tip Suit for $5 Million
- Long Fusilli With Italian Sausages
- Pasta Con Pepe E Caciotta Al Tartufo
- Chicken Souvlaki and Orzo
- Easy Sweet Potato and Squash Soup with Gingerbread Croutons
- Steak Dogs with Beans, Home Fried Potatoes and Tomato Salad
- Son-In-Law Eggs
- 1-Up Cupcakes
- Chocolate Berry Martini with Xocai Healthy Chocolate
- Jump Up Chocolate Chicken
- Xocai Healthy Chocolate Sweet Gravel (low fat)