The Obama Butter Bust wandered through the city of Chicago this past Friday, with the help of its creators Mathew Wilson and Adam Brooks. The two, who dubbed the piece as "The Harvest," garnered the attention of passersby until the two reached the Chicago Cultural Center where it will be displayed until February 17. The artists chose butter as a representation of the American tradition. The duo previously carted an ice sculpture on Michigan Avenue back in 2005 of the Ten Commandments.
Recently, actresses Jennifer Garner and Alicia Silverstone starred in the movie "Butter" about these competitions.
- Romney Sends Sloppy Second Slices to Obama HQ
- Michelle Obama Visits Chicago Grocers
- Food Culture - Mapped!
- Pop Culture Icons as Produce
- Panda Mortadella - How Do They Do That
- "Feasts" by Julia Gillard Explores Americans' Love of Food
- Awkward Moment for President Obama at Royal Dinner
- China Has Obama Fried Chicken
- President Obama and Culinary Racism
- Former Critic Pat Bruno's Must Read Story
- Beet Root Chops
- Boneless Center Cut Roasted Pork With Herbs
- Oreo Centers
- Warm Lemon Poppy Seed Cake With Chocolate Ganache Center
- Pear pouches with chocolate centers
- Marinated Boneless Center Cut Pork Loin
- Sophie's Gluten Free Triple Coconut & Almond Butter Soft Cookies With Dark Chocolate Chips
- Sophie's Healthy Gluten Free & Sugar Free Banana & Almond Butter Cake With Dark Chocolate Chips
- French Vanilla Butter Cake With Raspberry Filling Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Bittersweet Ganache