Twice baked potatoes are a favorite comfort food. It is hard to resist a creamy, cheesy potato. This recipe is filled with two cheeses, cheddar and mozzarella, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, and sliced green onions. If you want to make these twice baked potatoes into appetizers, follow these same preparation instructions but use smaller fingerling potatoes. These potatoes are delicious served next to a steak and roasted broccoli.
4 lg. baking potatoes
1 cups sour cream
8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
8 ounces finely chopped mushrooms opt
8 ounces bacon
Butter to taste
3 bunches green onion, chopped
Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. While potatoes are baking, cook bacon in a skillet. Let bacon cool and with a knife or kitchen sheers, cut into small pieces.
Unwrap and half potatoes. Spoon potato out of skins.
Combine potato and remaining ingredients in large bowl. Spoon mixture into potato skins.
Rewrap and bake additional 20 to 25 minutes.
- Comfort Food 101: Classic Mac n' Cheese
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes and More Holiday Recipes with the Sweet Spud
- Twice Baked Potatoes That Will Knock Your Socks Off!
- Easy Mini Double Cheese Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes
- Game Day Appetizer: Twice Baked Red Hot Potatoes
- Crepes 101: Must-Try Crepe Recipe
- Crispy Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes and Other Unforgettable Potato Recipes
- 3 Must Try Garlic Mashed Potato Recipes
- Chorizo and Egg Hasselback Potatoes and Other Hasselback Potato Recipes
- Cooking with Sweet Potatoes: 5 Savory Recipes to Prepare this Fall
- Twice Baked Potato
- Vegetarian Jacket Potatoes
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.
- Easy 30 minute ready potato “sails” with turkey ham, onion and cheese
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Red Shank Smoked Pork Sirloin & Bacon Chipotle Twice Baked Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potatoes I
- Parmesan Twice Baked Potatoes
- "Twice-As-Nice" Baked Potatoes
- Twice Baked Sweet Potato Gratin