Paula Deen stopped by the Tonight Show with Jay Leno where she proclaimed that she alone invented the donut burger.
"It came by accident, it happened by accident y'all... let me tell you about the donut cheeseburger, and I think it had an egg and some bacon on it, too. I can't remember," Deen said. "I was shooting my show and the food stylist had everything ready over here for me and I had a big platter of donuts. Well I went to put my burger together and I picked up that bun and it was just harder than my arteries and I felt up the donuts and it was soft. So I said, 'screw that hard bread, I'll use the donuts.'"
And there you have it folks -- the story of how the infamous donut burger came to be. Deen calls it The Lady's Brunch Burger. However, her claims might not necessarily be true. Eater found that the donut burger might actually have been created in 2002.
- Paula Deen Did NOT Invent the Donut Burger
- Paula Deen Teaches Jay Leno how to Make Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Paula Deen's Upcoming Book Canceled by Publisher
- Michelle Obama Gets Jay Leno to Eat his Veggies
- Paula Deen to Open Restaurant in Chicagoland Casino
- Paula Deen to Bring Recipes to Grocery Stores
- Paula Deen Sells Butter Lip Balm
- Paula Deen Has Her Own Butter
- Paula Deen Fired From Food Network
- Paula Deen's Infamous Doughnut Burger
- Paula Deen's Heart Attack Burgers
- Mini Banana Donuts
- Chocolate Doughnuts with Xocai Healthy Dark Chocolate
- Baked Macaroni Invention!!!
- Easy Sweet Potato and Squash Soup with Gingerbread Croutons
- Fried Green Bean Bundles From Paula and Mary Bogue
- Black Velvet - Adapted From Paula Deen
- Easy Chocolate Beignets
- Run Over By The Donut Truck
- Apple Cider Donuts