Do you know what is fun? Having something warm and delicious on the table to start their day. That is why I (Amy) love coffee cakes. They are sweet, but not as much as a cake, and can be filled (or topped) with all sorts of yummy add ins. Try sprinkling dried fruits and nuts on top of your favorite coffee cake recipe, or add half of the batter to the pan, sprinkle the dried fruit and nuts over the layer, and continue adding the remaining batter. Then top with your normal streusel topping and serve this ramped up recipe.
What could be more inviting, than a fruit filled cake, with a crumbly topping? This Pear and Walnut Coffee Cake will bring your family to the table in a jiffy! We love the walnut crunch on top. Perfect.
Need more deliciousness? Check out these yummy recipes from the Foodista files:
- Must Try: Pear and Walnut Coffee Cake
- Must Try: 5 Perfect Polenta Cakes:
- Must Try: Nestle Chocolate Molten Nutella Cakes
- Must-Try Cardamom Pear Upside Down Cake
- 3 Must Try White Russian Cake Recipes
- Must Try: Cherry Shredded Pie
- Must Try: Vegan Caramel Mocha Latte Ice Cream
- Must Try: Maraschino and White Chocolate Mousse
- Must Try: Magic Coconut Pie
- Must Try: Homemade Glazed Donuts