Quinoa breakfast cookies are a healthy morning treat. These cookies are packed with flavor; they are made with a variety of nuts and seeds, dried fruit, spices and more. Quinoa is widely available and can be found at almost any supermarket. This recipe specifically calls for red quinoa but feel free to use white if that is all you can find. Quinoa breakfast cookies are good and good for you.
1 cup red quinoa (regular works as well)
4 pitted dates
1/4 cup goji berries
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup Brazil nuts or walnuts
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
2 tablespoons almond butter
Cinnamon and cardamon, to taste
1 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
Rise 1 dry cup of quinoa in water.
Add 1.5 cups of water to quinoa in a medium pot.
Bring quinoa to a boil, and then simmer for about 12 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Transfer the quinoa to a large mixing bowl.
Add coconut oil and mix it into the quinoa.
Add chopped banana, almond butter, and then dates and gojis, and mix. Mush up the banana.
Add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, nuts, and shredded coconut, and mix thoroughly.
Sprinkle cinnamon, cardamom, and salt into the dough and mix everything together.
Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
Use a large spoon to pick up a heaping tablespoon of the dough and form it into a ball with your hands.
Place the ball onto the greased cookie sheet and press the middle of the ball down gently to form a circle a bit more than 1/2 an inch thick.
Repeat until all of the dough has been made into circles on the baking sheet.
Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Turn off the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 15 minutes on the baking sheet. Then transfer the cookies into a sealed airtight container.
- Vegan and Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Spiced Oatmeal
- Get up and Go Breakfast Cookies (Gluten-Free and Vegan)
- Friday Fun Links: Gluten Free Week-in Review
- Sunday Baking: Vegan Blueberry Ginger Muffins
- 5 Perfect Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- The Cookbook Collector: Candle 79 + Mixed Grain Waffles with Raspberry Butter
- 3 Healthy Breakfast Bites to Jump Start Your Morning
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Ingredient of the Week: Chia Seeds
- Vegan Oreos
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Apple Spice Cookies; a recipe for comfort when the air turns chilly
- Caramel Apple Slab Pie
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Italian Breakfast Tart
- Lemon Blueberry Biscuits
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Honey Sesame Crisps-Eggless,Sugarless & Flourless
- Atol-atte (Dark Chocolate and Coffee Atole) & Buñuelos