While most of us don't think of beer as a wintertime beverage, there are some great brews released during the season. Whether you prefer the chocolate and coffee notes of a porter or the citrus and pine flavors of a pale ale, there is something for everyone. The following are Gayot's favorite ten winter beers.
1. Ommegang "Abbey Ale"
2. NorthCoastBrewing Company "PranQster"
3. Allagash "Allagash Black"
4. Widmer Brother Brewing Company "Pitch Black IPA"
5. Sierra Nevada"Celebration Ale"
6. Affligem "Noël Christmas Ale"
7. Innis & Gunn "Rum Cask Oak Aged Beer"
8. Uinta "Labyrinth Black Ale"
10. Unibroue "Quelque Chose"
- Best Oktoberfest Beers of the Season
- Top 10 Summertime Beers for 2013
- 10 Must-Drink Classic Cocktails
- Gayot Guide Names 10 Outstanding Oktoberfest Beers
- Best Beers of 2012 by Esquire Magazine
- 14th Century German Beer Law Angling for UNESCO World Heritage Status
- Samuel Adams' Utopias Beer is a Pricey Brew
- Food Channel’s 2011 Top 10 Beverage Trends
- Quidditch Pong Will Have You Nursing a Wicked Wizard Hangover
- Molson Coors Produces Bloat-Resistant Animee Beer for Women
- Three Ingredient Party Shrimp
- Turkey soup with tomatoes and herbs.
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- Italian Wedding Soup with Escarole
- Dogfish Shrimp And Stir Fried Cabbage Fajitas With Sour Cream Dill Sauce
- Over The Top Acorn Squash
- Curried Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Peanut Carrot Bisque
- Shepherd-Style Pork Pie
- Spiced and salted buttermilk drink