While most of us don't think of beer as a wintertime beverage, there are some great brews released during the season. Whether you prefer the chocolate and coffee notes of a porter or the citrus and pine flavors of a pale ale, there is something for everyone. The following are Gayot's favorite ten winter beers.
1. Ommegang "Abbey Ale"
2. NorthCoastBrewing Company "PranQster"
3. Allagash "Allagash Black"
4. Widmer Brother Brewing Company "Pitch Black IPA"
5. Sierra Nevada"Celebration Ale"
6. Affligem "Noël Christmas Ale"
7. Innis & Gunn "Rum Cask Oak Aged Beer"
8. Uinta "Labyrinth Black Ale"
10. Unibroue "Quelque Chose"
- 10 Must-Drink Classic Cocktails
- Best Oktoberfest Beers of the Season
- Gayot Guide Names 10 Outstanding Oktoberfest Beers
- Top 10 Summertime Beers for 2013
- Samuel Adams' Utopias Beer is a Pricey Brew
- Pumpkin Ale Cake and Other Recipes that Highlight Pumpkin Beer
- Food Channel’s 2011 Top 10 Beverage Trends
- Quidditch Pong Will Have You Nursing a Wicked Wizard Hangover
- 5 Dynamite Recipes with Guinness
- Thirst Thursdays: Chelada
- Three Ingredient Party Shrimp
- Turkey soup with tomatoes and herbs.
- Mint Coffee Frosty
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- Italian Wedding Soup with Escarole
- Beer Batter Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
- Beer Can Chicken, Country Style Vegetables with Roasted Garlic
- DIY "Low Fat" Cappuccino
- Dogfish Shrimp And Stir Fried Cabbage Fajitas With Sour Cream Dill Sauce
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH