While most of us don't think of beer as a wintertime beverage, there are some great brews released during the season. Whether you prefer the chocolate and coffee notes of a porter or the citrus and pine flavors of a pale ale, there is something for everyone. The following are Gayot's favorite ten winter beers.
1. Ommegang "Abbey Ale"
2. NorthCoastBrewing Company "PranQster"
3. Allagash "Allagash Black"
4. Widmer Brother Brewing Company "Pitch Black IPA"
5. Sierra Nevada"Celebration Ale"
6. Affligem "Noël Christmas Ale"
7. Innis & Gunn "Rum Cask Oak Aged Beer"
8. Uinta "Labyrinth Black Ale"
10. Unibroue "Quelque Chose"
- 10 Must-Drink Classic Cocktails
- Best Oktoberfest Beers of the Season
- Gayot Guide Names 10 Outstanding Oktoberfest Beers
- Top 10 Summertime Beers for 2013
- Samuel Adams' Utopias Beer is a Pricey Brew
- Food Channel’s 2011 Top 10 Beverage Trends
- 5 Dynamite Recipes with Guinness
- Quidditch Pong Will Have You Nursing a Wicked Wizard Hangover
- Thirst Thursdays: Chelada
- Beer Mallows are a Brew-Infused Puff
- Three Ingredient Party Shrimp
- Turkey soup with tomatoes and herbs.
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- Italian Wedding Soup with Escarole
- DIY "Low Fat" Cappuccino
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Dogfish Shrimp And Stir Fried Cabbage Fajitas With Sour Cream Dill Sauce
- Over The Top Acorn Squash
- Curried Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Peanut Carrot Bisque