Enter our sweepstakes for a chance to treat you and your family this holiday season with award-winning extra virgin olive oil, a delicious tenderloin, savory bacon and more! The sweepstakes begins today and ends on Thursday, November 8! Winners announced on Friday, November 9, 2012!
Grand Prize (one awarded):
1. Snake River Farms Center Cut Tenderloin Roast (approx. 2 lbs and a $150.00 value!)
2. Snake River Farms hardwood Smoked Bacon
3. Two sets Chefs Favorites by California Olive Ranch - Miller's Blend and Arbequina extra virgin olive oils (4 bottles)
4. Signed copy of The Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook
5. Foodista.com apron
2nd Prize (two awarded)
1. $75 gift certificate for Snake River Farms
2. A set of Chefs Favorites extra virgin olive oil by California Olive Ranch
3. Foodista.com apron
For additional opportunities to win, please visit the Snake River Farms fan page by clicking here.
1 Snake River Farms Center Cut Tenderloin Roast (approx. 2 lbs)
3 Tbs California Olive Ranch Miller’s Blend extra virgin olive oil, plus another ¼ cup for basting
8 slices Snake River Farms Hardwood Smoked Bacon
1 Tbs Kosher salt
1 Tbs fresh ground black pepper
A bundle of fresh parsley, thyme, rosemary and sage tied together
Preheat oven 400’f.
Warm cast iron skillet over a med-high flame. Season tenderloin with salt and pepper. Add a “ring” of olive oil to the pan; sear roast on all sides until nicely browned; remove from pan. Place bacon strips in lattice pattern across top of roast. Place herb bouquet on bacon and wrap with twine, securing the bacon and herbs.
Place roast in 400’f oven. Baste with olive oil every 10 minutes for first 30 min. Reduce temperature to 350’f, continue roasting 10-15 minutes or until instant read thermometer reaches 135’f. Remove from oven, rest for 8-10 minutes prior to carving.
- Stuffing Cookies are a Post-Turkey Treat
- Fab Five Friday: Blog Round Up
- Enter to WIN a Bigelow Tea Basket, Plus 12 Delicious Tea-based Recipes
- Tasting and Pairing: Not All Olive Oil Should Be Treated Equally
- Cooking + Drinking - 5 Must Try Gluten Free Brandy Recipes
- 3 Must Try Garlic Mashed Potato Recipes
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Menu
- Mustard-Maple Ham Steaks With Cider-Madeira Sauce
- Spatchcock Chicken & Turkey
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Rattlesnake Chili
- How to Make Chatpati Papdi Chaat
- Chocolate Nemesis (The River Cafe)
- Involtini Di Salmone Copper River
- GARLIC KANGKONG (Local Spinach) SPAGHETTI with SAUSAGE
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Homemade Sauerkraut with cranberries