Making bread from scratch no only humbles you, but also gives a sense of accomplishment. If you are new to bread making, this recipe for country white bread is simple and a great beginner recipe. The bread is mildly flavored and works for making sandwiches, croutons, or even breadcrumbs.
1 cup warm water
1 cup fat-free buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups of white bread flour
1 egg white
1 teaspoon salt
2 packets of dry active yeast
Combine 1 cup warm water, 1 cup fat-free buttermilk, and 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Add 1 1/2 cup of white bread flour.
Mix together until smooth.
Beat together 2 eggs.
Add beaten eggs and 1/3 cup of sugar and mix through.
Add 1 tsp of sea salt and 2 packets of dry active yeast.
Add 1/2 cup of white bread flour at a time until you reach 6 cups total.
Mix all together until a ball forms.
Spray a bowl with PAM add the dough on top.
Cover with a tea towel and set in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.
Plop dough on counter and knead 8-10 minutes with your hands until dough becomes elastic.
Then separate the dough into two loaves.
Add dough into two separate loaf pans.
Put tea towel over the pans and let it rise for 1 more hour.
Brush with eggs whites.
Wait five more and brush with more egg whites.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes until golden brown.
Use a digital thermometer to make sure it is 180 degrees.
Slice up and enjoy !!
- Sunday Baking: Vegan Blueberry Ginger Muffins
- Sunday Baking: Gluten-Free Raspberry Walnut Coffee Cake
- Sunday Baking: White Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies
- Sunday Baking: Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- Sunday Baking: Hawaiian Bread
- Sunday Baking: Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Scones
- Sunday Baking: Vegan Pumpkin Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing
- Sunday Baking: Italian Herb Bread
- Sunday Baking: Cheddar Biscuits
- Sunday Baking: 3 Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipes
- Country White Bread
- Eggless Ginger & Mango Bread
- Pineapple Banana & Sour Cream Upside Down Loaf
- Country Muffins
- Orange-Cranberry Bread With Grand Marnier Glaze
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Homemade White Bread
- White Chocolate Macadamia Banana Bread
- Baked bread rings stuffed with meat and cheese.
- Banana Bread with Chocolate Glaze