Singer songwriter Michelle Branch has joined forces with chef Michael Mina for a new cooking web series, Cook Taste Eat. Each week, the pair will be give step-by-step instructions of a complete meal.
"Michael and I met at an even here in San Francisco. I was doing the music and he was doing the food," Branch said. "There was a moment before the event kind of went underway, and I knew he was cooking and I'm a big fan. So I went over I said, 'Chef what are you making tonight? What's on the menu?'"
After their initial meeting, Mina said it was Branch's name that popped into his head when he decided to partake in Cook Taste Eat. Together, Mina and Branch want to make their viewers better understand cooking techniques and the use of certain ingredients.
"By breaking it down into daily, bite-sized pieces, you can teach people how you decide [ingredients]," Mina said. "What is corn giving to a dish? It's giving it sweetness. When someone is coming over and you know that they love chicken, you can take that chicken and show people a technique that more than likely they haven't seen."
Subscribe and check out the free Digital Cookbook from Cook Taste Eat’s Michael Mina.
- Lady Gaga Causes Controversy with 'Pop Stars Don't Eat' Tweet
- Diane Kruger: 'I Forget to Eat'
- Michael Mina Brings Whimsical Pub to MGM Grand Las Vegas
- Michael Mina’s Caviar Parfait Recipe
- Michelle Obama Gets Jay Leno to Eat his Veggies
- Jillian Michaels Talks Healthy Eating Habits
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Eats Organic
- Martha Stewart to Launch 'Cooking School' Show on PBS
- Chef Jason Roberts Joins 'The Chew'
- Bollywood and Hollywood Join Forces for Vegan Cookbook
- Classic Hong Kong Dessert: "Willow Branches Of Aquarius - 楊枝甘露" Sweet Soup With Mangoes, Pomeloes, Sago and Coconut Milk....
- Chocolate Branches
- Scot or Not, Join the Burns' night Celebrations with my party Haggis Samosa's
- Cumin Taste Enchilada Sauce
- Smoothie - Alysha's Fresh Taste
- A Taste Of Summer: Boardwalk Fries
- A Taste Of Utica St. Joseph's Bread
- Something For Every Taste- Mini Pizzas
- Lemony Cheese Crackers from TASTE Café
- Beef Kidneys - can actually taste good!