Guy Fieri's new New York City restaurant, Guy's American Kitchen & Bar, got a pretty horrible (to put it lightly...) review from New York Times food critic, Pete Wells. The writer basically said everything about the restaurant is horrible, from the food to the drinks and even the service.
"Tell me, though, why does your kitchen sabotage even its more appealing main courses with ruinous sides and sauces?" Wells writes. "Why stifle a pretty good bison meatloaf in a sugary brown glaze with no undertow of acid or spice? Why send a serviceable herb-stuffed rotisserie chicken to the table in the company of your insipid Rice-a-Roni variant?"
Fieri responded the the review, saying it was "ridiculous" and "overboard."
"I just thought it was ridiculous. I've read reviews. There's good and there's bad in the restaurant business. That one went overboard," Fieri said on the Today Show. "I've been in the restaurant business 25 years. Do we do it perfect? No. Do we strive to do it perfect? Yes." Fieri added he felt Wells "came in with a different agenda."
However, since the review the restaurant has removed the Watermelon Margarita off the menu after Wells called it "nuclear waste" that "tastes like some combination of radiator fluid and formaldeyhde."
- See Guy Fieri's New NYC Restaurant
- Guy Fieri Partners with Carnival Cruise Lines
- Guy Fieri to Open 15 College Campus Restaurants
- Lady Gaga's Restaurant Receives Bad Opening Night Review
- Fat Guy's Peanut Butter Bacon Burger is a Combination of Two Classics
- Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri Unveil "Guy vs. Rachael's Celebrity Smackdown"
- Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri to Host Celebrity Cook-Off
- Guy Fieri Teaches Drake How to Cook
- Guy Fieri Opening Wine Tasting at his Sonoma Vineyard
- Guy Fieri Loves Kale