Paul McCartney teamed up with PETA to urge Americans to stop eating turkey this Thanksgiving.
"Like chickens, the 300 million turkeys raised and killed for their flesh every year in the United States have no federal legal protection," PETA said. "More than 45 million turkeys are killed each year at Thanksgiving alone, and more than 22 million die at Christmas."
PETA also created a page dedicated to vegan Thanksgiving recipes to further encourage the switch this holiday.
Check out Paul McCartney's full PETA ad below!
- Celebrate Sir Paul McCartney's Birthday by Supporting Meatless Monday
- Paul McCartney Serves a Vegetarian Meal at his Wedding
- Paul McCartney Releases Song Promoting Vegetarian Diet
- PETA and PCRM Implore Paula Deen to Adopt a Vegan Diet
- 3 Celebs who had Meat-Free Weddings
- Paul McCartney Speaks Out Against French Ban of Veggie Meals
- Paul McCartney Releases Vegetarian Cookbook
- Meredith Vieira Goes Vegan
- Paul McCartney Wants School Lunches to go Meat-Less
- Veggieducken is a Vegetarian Take on Turkey