50 Cent spent some time giving back this Thanksgiving by helping serve hot meals to the hungry. The rapper teamed up with the Food Network, Feeding America and SMS Audio to make sure Sandy Victims and other's without food in New York City were able to have a warm Thanksgiving meal. The event, called 'Our Table Is Yours,' took place at Cipriani Restaurant in Manhattan.
"I'm able to provide meals for victims of Sandy or other people in New York City that don't actually have food," 50 Cent told MTV. "Hunger's not a third world issue. It's a world issue. Within America one in six Americans actually go hungry. You've got more than one in five kids experiencing hunger or they're surviving on just their school lunch.
More than 1,000 were able to get a hot meal thanks to the event. The were also given a second meal to take home and a gift card for home essentials.
Through his partnership with SMS Audio, 50 Cent will provide 250 meals to Feeding America with every pair of headphones purchased on the website.
- Sandra Lee Helps Feed Sandy Victims
- Feed your brain, feed the hungry
- JWoww Hosts Food Drive for Sandy Victims
- Vegas Culinary Extravaganza Raises Money for Hurricane Sandy Victims
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batali Auction Off Dinner for Sandy Victims
- Football Bread Bowl Feeds the Whole Team
- Pot Contraband Helps Feed The Hungry
- YouTube to Launch Food Channel HUNGRY
- Christina Aguilera Helps Yum! Brands Feed the Hungry
- Blog Action Day: No More Hungry Children in America
- Why I Decided To Make Indian Spiced Tri-Tip Tacos With Tangy Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Aarti’s Green Minty Curry Chicken
- Pulled Pork With Mango Bbq Sauce
- Peanut Butter and Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Hot cocoa cookies
- Peppers that will leave you stuffed
- Fall Farro Salad with Pomegranate, Walnut & Truffles
- Cheese Tray
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free