Hayden Panettiere revealed that she was once a vegetarian, but the meat-free diet didn't last long. The actress says going vegetarian just wasn't for her.
"I tried vegetarianism, but my body didn't respond well. I was low-energy," Panettiere told Self magazine. "Now I make my egg-white scrambles with veggies for breakfast. For lunch, I have chicken or fish and greens, which are good for keeping your system working. I'm a fan of sushi for dinner, as long as the fish aren't endangered."
The Nashville actress says she still allows herself to indulge, but tries to do so earlier in the day.
"When I indulge, I try to do it in the morning so I can burn it off. It's my responsibility to be healthy and, no, I'm not going to starve."
- Rachel McAdams Explains why she Stopped Being a Vegetarian
- Daniel Bryan Stops Vegan Diet Because of Soy Allergy
- Hayden Panettiere Loves Southern BBQ
- Method Man and Redman Stop Eating Meat
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Mischa Barton Stops Counting Calories
- Megan Fox says she Lost Too Much Weight on Vegan Diet
- Giuliana Rancic Goes Vegan
- The Anne Hathaway Catwoman Diet: "Kale and Dust"
- Woody Harrelson Stuck to Raw Food on Set of 'The Hunger Games'