Hayden Panettiere revealed that she was once a vegetarian, but the meat-free diet didn't last long. The actress says going vegetarian just wasn't for her.
"I tried vegetarianism, but my body didn't respond well. I was low-energy," Panettiere told Self magazine. "Now I make my egg-white scrambles with veggies for breakfast. For lunch, I have chicken or fish and greens, which are good for keeping your system working. I'm a fan of sushi for dinner, as long as the fish aren't endangered."
The Nashville actress says she still allows herself to indulge, but tries to do so earlier in the day.
"When I indulge, I try to do it in the morning so I can burn it off. It's my responsibility to be healthy and, no, I'm not going to starve."
- Rachel McAdams Explains why she Stopped Being a Vegetarian
- Daniel Bryan Stops Vegan Diet Because of Soy Allergy
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Method Man and Redman Stop Eating Meat
- The Anne Hathaway Catwoman Diet: "Kale and Dust"
- Mischa Barton Stops Counting Calories
- Woody Harrelson Stuck to Raw Food on Set of 'The Hunger Games'
- Mischa Barton Credits Mostly Vegan Diet for Weight Loss
- Giuliana Rancic Goes Vegan
- Travis Barker Credits 2008 Plane Crash for His Vegan Lifestyle