So it's just you and, once again, you're cooking for one. So what? Do not panic, do not give up, do not be discouraged. Your dinner does not have to be pizza, takeout, or vodka. (Though I wouldn't complain if someone brought me a takeout pizza and vodka.) Help is here in the form of the KIRO radio show Seattle Kitchen. As a single person in Seattle who likes to be in the kitchen, I was invited to be a guest on the show, along with Cook, Author, and Urban Farmer Amy Pennington. Though Amy and I are at odds on some issues (crock pots, ahem), we both agree that there are plenty of ways to cook creatively and deliciously. And, as we reveal on the broadcast, maybe use those culinary skills to land a date.
Cohosted by Chefs and Restaurateurs Tom Douglas and Thierry Rautureau (aka "The Chef in the Hat"), who contribute their welcome thoughts on cooking for one, Seattle Kitchen is a fun and funny listen. Also discussed: single people baking muffins (pro or con?), grocery store celery defacing, and barley.
What advice or tips do you have if you are single and cooking for one? Let me know in the comments.
- How Does A Moldy Avocado Look Differently Than An Oxidized One?
- Do all these wonderful recipes come out in a cook book & if so,how can we get one?
- Amy Pennington Launches New "Fresh Pantry" Ebook Series
- To try your personal colon detox there are many options available for you that one may try.
- Fruit Tacos with Chocolate Tortillas are a Healthy Option
- Light and Healthy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup with Gluten-Free Option
- Wheatless Wednesday: Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Cupcakes (Vegan Optional)
- Avo and Eggs Pizza is a Healthy Breakfast Option
- Crazy Good Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwiches with a Gluten-Free option
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Smitten Single-Food Tumblelogs
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Douglas Fir Sparkletini
- Chili Optional
- Banana Bread, Chocolate Chips Optional
- Ottelonghi's Olive Oil Crackers - Healthy Snacks Options For The Munchies!
- Gluten Free Trifle ~ The Healthier Option
- Single Crust
- Simple Single Serve Trifle
- Single shot ' Pineapple Fire n Ice'
- One Pot Pork Chop Supper