Manhattan shop Macaron Parlour has pushed the limits of the traditional French cookie with their Cheetos-flavored macaron. The flavor was conceived by co-owner Christina Ha (who also created this meaty macaron) who had combined the flavor and cookie when she found herself with some spare Cheeto dust around Halloween. Originally intended to be offered for a limited time, the macaron's availability was cut down due to Hurricane Sandy But the bakery has since brought it back.
And what have people thought of this odd flavor?
"Actually, I think this works," expressed one Huffington Post editor. "And I kind of like that the cheesy Cheetos dust is such a contrast to the rest of the cookie. Plus, I think this deserves a badge for not being disgusting. This is the sort of thing that could easily tilt in that direction."
- Candied Bacon Macarons are Mouthwatering Meaty Macarons
- Hot Cheetos-Crusted Fried Mozzarella Sticks
- Caramel Coated Cheetos are a Sweet Cheesy Snack
- Anatomical Macarons and Cookies are a Bloody Good Treat
- French Macarons Cake is a Delicately Tiered Treat
- Macaron Trinket Boxes are a Sweet Storage Container
- Holiday Flavor Jell-O will Satisfy Yuletide Cravings
- Disney Adds Gluten-Free Beer, Fruit Smoothies and Organic Teas to Upcoming Landscape of Flavors Food Court
- Ben & Jerry's Tweaks 'Taste the Lin-Sanity' Flavor
- Pringles Chips to Release Holiday Flavors