Homemade bitters add a splash of flavor to any cocktail. In recent years, along with the mixology boom, an obsession with craft bitters has also exploded. Nowadays you can find bitters in a variety of flavors including key lime, orange, rhubarb, mint and many more. Bitters are made by infusing aromatic herbs, bark, roots, and/or fruit in a flavorless spirit (such as vodka) to extract the flavor. Adventures in Cooking outlines the bitters making process in the blog post DIY Bitters: Part I and Part II. Bitters make a great holiday gift and are perfect for friends and family who love a tasty cocktail.
- What does Blat mean in Catalonian?
- What to do when you had too much at Tales of the Cocktail
- Jelly Shot Gummy Fish Bowl is a Splashing Party Idea
- What is it about Rum and Bitters?
- A Julia Child 100th Birthday inspired Mocktail and a Cocktail
- White Whiskey, Cynar, Poteen and some twisted ways to enjoy them
- The Dive Bar Makes A Splash in Sacramento
- I'm just not a cooked fish guy.
- Just a little bit tipsy
- Rediscovering Gin