With all of the holiday recipes that call for fresh mushrooms, the experts at the California Poison Control System urge shoppers to buy their mushrooms, instead of eating wild ones.
There have been over 1,700 cases of poisoning from eating the wrong mushrooms in 2009 to 2010, in California alone. Buy from reputable dealer or a well known mushroom expert only. To be safe, your local market will often carry a wide range of delicious edible mushrooms to choose from.
For more information please see:
Follow CPCS on Facebook
Sign up for text messages by texting TIPS to 69866
Follow on Twitter @poisoninfo
- The Circle of Life, Saving Seeds
- The Ctrl-Alt-Delete Cups Start Your Day With a Three-Finger Salute
- How Stars Can Avoid Food Poisoning
- Man Buys 12,150 Pudding Cups, Earns Airline Miles for Life
- Where Can You Buy A Replacement Lid For Your Arc Mixing Bowls
- Save Your Sammies - Anti Theft Lunch Bags
- Where can I buy Ceps mushrooms in the US?
- Poisoned Mushrooms Accidentally Kill 2 in Australia
- Make Your Own Coffee and Save Money
- Buddhists Buy and Release 600 Pounds of Live Lobster Into the Wild
- Curried Butternut Squash and Wild Mushroom Soup
- Eton Mess That Will Change Your Life
- Navy Bean & Wild Mushroom "Risotto"
- T-Bone Steak And Wild Mushroom Medley
- Roast Butternut Squash, Chestnut and Wild Mushroom Fusilli
- Butternut Squash Ravioli With Wild Mushrooms
- Crostini With Wild Mushrooms, Pancetta and Thyme
- Pork Tenderloin With Wild Mushroom Orzo
- Pasta With Wild Mushrooms, Peas and Bacon
- Fried Wild Rice With Mushrooms