Chocolate stout caramel corn shared by Betty Crocker is a boozy snack. Popcorn is no longer flavored with just butter and salt; it is tossed with herb, spices, nuts, and in this case beer. The caramel sauce is made with brown rice syrup to compliment the malty notes in the beer. If you cannot find brown rice syrup, substitute with corn syrup. This adult snack can be put in tins and given as a gift for the holidays.
Chocolate Stout Caramel Popcorn
8 cups popped popcorn
1 cup roasted salted almonds
½ cup stout beer
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup brown rice syrup or corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped premium milk chocolate (6 oz)
1. Heat oven to 300°F. Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, place popcorn and almonds; set aside.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, heat beer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes. Pour into glass liquid measuring cup to confirm measure. Add back to saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, syrup and butter. Cook over medium heat until bubbly around edges, stirring occasionally.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and syrupy. Remove from heat; carefully stir in salt. Pour over popcorn mix in bowl; toss until evenly coated. Spread popcorn mixture in pans.
5. Bake 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, to caramelize mixture. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Break into pieces; stir in chocolate. Store in airtight container.
Makes 14 servings (1/2 cup each)
- Incredible Bacon Chocolate Stout Cheesecake
- Decadent Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
- Vegan Caramel Popcorn Cones are a Perfect Snack for the Awards
- Cooking with Beer: 5 Boozy Recipes
- Vegan Caramel Popcorn with Whiskey and Sriracha
- Boozy Beer and Cheese Soup
- Boozy Beer Doughnuts
- Easy Snack Recipe: Mint Chocolate Chip Popcorn Treats
- PBR Waffles are a Boozy Breakfast
- 5 Boozy Gifts for the Beer-Loving Dad
- White Chocolate Popcorn
- Caramel Apple Cream And White Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- Cocoa Stout Cupcakes
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Brown Sugar Sponge Cookie w/ Chocolate Covered Caramels
- Three Ingredient Party Shrimp
- Beet Root Chops
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- Boozy Chocolate Truffles
- Carrot and Banana Snacking Cake