Chocolate stout caramel corn shared by Betty Crocker is a boozy snack. Popcorn is no longer flavored with just butter and salt; it is tossed with herb, spices, nuts, and in this case beer. The caramel sauce is made with brown rice syrup to compliment the malty notes in the beer. If you cannot find brown rice syrup, substitute with corn syrup. This adult snack can be put in tins and given as a gift for the holidays.
Chocolate Stout Caramel Popcorn
8 cups popped popcorn
1 cup roasted salted almonds
½ cup stout beer
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup brown rice syrup or corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped premium milk chocolate (6 oz)
1. Heat oven to 300°F. Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, place popcorn and almonds; set aside.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, heat beer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes. Pour into glass liquid measuring cup to confirm measure. Add back to saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, syrup and butter. Cook over medium heat until bubbly around edges, stirring occasionally.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and syrupy. Remove from heat; carefully stir in salt. Pour over popcorn mix in bowl; toss until evenly coated. Spread popcorn mixture in pans.
5. Bake 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, to caramelize mixture. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Break into pieces; stir in chocolate. Store in airtight container.
Makes 14 servings (1/2 cup each)
- Incredible Bacon Chocolate Stout Cheesecake
- Decadent Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
- Decadent Chocolate Recipe: Stout Brownie Sundae Floats
- Boozy Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate Will Warm You Up to Winter
- Vegan Caramel Popcorn Cones are a Perfect Snack for the Awards
- Vegan Caramel Popcorn with Whiskey and Sriracha
- Easy Snack Recipe: Mint Chocolate Chip Popcorn Treats
- PBR Waffles are a Boozy Breakfast
- What's Hot: Cocoa Stout Cupcakes
- Chocolate Website Introduces Sagres Preta Chocolate Beer
- Caramel Candy Popcorn
- Cocoa Stout Cupcakes
- black & tan brownies
- no-bake caramel reese's peanut butter cups
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Caramel Apple Slab Pie
- Brown Sugar Sponge Cookie w/ Chocolate Covered Caramels
- Three Ingredient Party Shrimp
- Sweet & Salty Granola Bars
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas