Award-winning authors of the Canal House Cooking series have added another cookbook - Canal House Cooks Every Day - to their fabulous collection and are touring the West Coast. Don't miss the opportunity to meet this culinary dynamic duo!
December 6 Peter Miller Books, Seattle
December 8 The Gardener, San Francisco
December 8 Oxbow Market, Napa
December 9 The Gardener, Healdsburg, CA
December 10 Omnivore Books
December 10 Chez Panisse, Berkeley, CA
December 12 Obsolete, Venice Beach, CA
ABOUT THE BOOK
Canal House Cooks Every Day (Andrews McMeel Publishing), inspired by Christopher Hirsheimer and Melissa Hamilton's blog Canal House Cooks Lunch, offers a year's worth of delicious easy-to-make seasonal recipes. The beautiful red cloth-covered book is filled with nearly 250 recipes and over 130 photographs and illustrations that celebrate the art of simple seasonal cooking, regardless of experience level. It's a cookbook by home cooks for home cooks. Canal House Cooks Every Day includes recipes for dishes as simple as a lunch of summer tomato sandwiches to more complex meals like braised chicken with wild mushrooms and egg noodles.Canal House Cooking has previously been featured for its inspiring recipes, friendly and knowledgeable voice, and gorgeous photographs in a variety of publications including O, the Oprah Magazine, Bon Appétit, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Melissa Hamilton is a renowned food stylist and cofounder of Canal House. She previously worked at Saveur as the test kitchen director and food editor. Melissa also worked in the kitchens of Martha Stewart Living and Cook’s Illustrated and was a founder and executive chef of Hamilton’s Grill Room in Lambertville, NJ.
Christopher Hirsheimer is an award-winning photographer and cofounder of Canal House. She was previously the executive editor and a founder of Saveur and the food and design editor of Metropolitan Home. She co-wrote the award-winning Saveur Cooks series and The San Francisco Ferry Plaza Farmers' Market Cookbook. Her photographs have appeared in more than 50 cookbooks.
Christopher and Melissa write a column for Bon Appétit called "The Seasonal Cooks."
- 3 Cookbook Gifts for Mom
- The Weasley's Burrow Gingerbread House is a Carefully Constructed Masterpiece
- GF Halloween Haunted Gingerbread Houses
- Gingerbread Brownstone is Perfect for Urbanites
- Will Cook For Sex: 10 Cookbooks for Dads and Grads
- WRITING CLASS! Hungry for Words: Clarifying Voice & Story with Best-Selling Author Kathleen Flinn
- Yakima Valley’s Craft Spirits, Great Wine, and An Award-Winning Pale Ale
- Soy Braised Lamb Shanks from Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Gingerbread Mug Cozy
- Gingerbread Log Cabin Stunner
- Award-Winning Chili
- Coast's Turkey Chili
- Gulf Coast Chowder
- PowerHouse Cheese Cake with Xocai Healthy Chocolate
- Cranberry-Orange Pistachio Chip Cookies
- Apple and Ginger Pie
- Peas with Pancetta & Shallot
- Brie, Apple & Almond Phyllo Cups
- Chocolate Berry Martini with Xocai Healthy Chocolate
- Jump Up Chocolate Chicken