When I was living in a cabin, in the Maine mountains, I made candied citrus peel on my wood cookstove. They came out fabulous, so I am confident that any cook can make this recipe. If I can do it by candlelight, on a woodstove, you can whip these up in your kitchen.
I recommend using organic citrus fruits for this, and certainly try it with oranges and lemons! To make your gift extra festive, dip one end of half the batch into melted chocolate.
This is a decadent treat that is easy to make and perfectly divine.
- Homemade Gifts: Candied Pomelo Rind
- Homemade Gifts: White Chocolate Candy Cane Brittle
- Homemade Gifts: Candy Cane Chocolate Marshmallows
- Homemade Gifts: Dark Chocolate Walnut Biscotti
- Homemade Gifts: Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treats
- Food Gifts: Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Crackers
- Homemade Gifts: Christmas Granola
- Homemade Gifts: White Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- Food Gifts: Mint Chocolate Chip Popcorn Treats
- Homemade Gifts: Chocolate Dipped Candied Ginger
- Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Orange Peel Cake
- Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- Easy homemade chocolates
- Homemade Sauerkraut with cranberries
- Peanut Butter Carob Drop Dog Treats
- Candied Orange Peel
- Chocolate chip cookies, easier that buying:-)
- Chocolate cake with coconut and rum “Mmm, Yum!”
- Home-Made Vanilla Extract