For the holidays, give your gluten-free friends the gift of these delicious gluten free chocolate truffle cupcakes. These simple cupcakes utilize gluten-free cake mix with the addition of melted semi-sweet chocolate to make this dessert even more decadent. You can garnish these chocolate truffle cupcakes with a variety of dried fruit, nuts or candy or keep it simple with chocolate frosting.
Gluten-Free Truffle Cake
1 1/2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 box Betty Crocker® Gluten Free devil’s food cake mix
Water, butter and eggs called for on cake mix box
Garnishes, if desired:
Roasted cacao nibs
Chopped dark chocolate
Dried sweetened cranberries
Chopped pistachio nuts
Shredded coconut, toasted
Sliced almonds, toasted
- In medium glass bowl, place chocolate chips. In 2-cup glass liquid measuring cup, microwave cream uncovered on High 1 1/2 minutes, or until hot. Pour cream over chocolate chips; let stand 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Refrigerate about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until thick.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 46 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Fill cups three-fourths full (about 1 1/2 measuring tablespoonfuls each).
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove from pan to cooling rack; cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- If necessary, heat chocolate mixture in microwave on Medium (50%) 20 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds until smooth and piping consistency. Place 1/2 cup chocolate mixture in decorating bag fitted with round tip with 1/8-inch opening. Insert tip into top center of 1 cake, about halfway down into cake. Gently squeeze decorating bag, pulling upward until cake swells slightly and filling comes to top. Repeat with remaining cakes.
- Place remaining chocolate mixture in small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on High about 30 seconds or just until soft enough to spoon over and glaze cakes. Stir until smooth. Spoon warm chocolate mixture over each cake. Top with garnishes, and store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Makes 46 truffle cakes
Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Chocolate & Hazelnut: A Gluten Free Match Made in Heaven
- Wheatless Wednesday: Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 Best Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipes to Crave
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Cake Pop Recipes
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes - GFCF
- 5 Sinfully Delicious Vegan Chocolate Desserts
- DIY Bake A Heart Into A Cupcake
- 5 Easy Gluten Free Back to School Treats
- White Chocolate & Cherry Almond Muffins
- Gluten And Dairy Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Almond Butter and Chocolate Squares
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Coconut Macaroons dipped in Chocolate
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Dairy-Free Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes-Gluten And Dairy Free
- Gluten Free Yellow Cake And Cupcakes