Bethenny Frankel is all about eating healthfully, even during the holidays. We are about to enter the season of gluttony, but Frankel is sharing a few ways to eat tasty but healthy snacks during holiday festivities.
"Making smart choices is easy to do while on the go and can be delicious without being high in calories," Frankel said.
For holiday snacking, it's all about almonds for Frankel! They are high in protein and fiber, low in calories and delicious! Check out one of Frankel's almond snack recipes below!
Ingredients (Makes 12 servings)
⅓ cup olive oil
2 egg whites, at room temperature
Pinch of salt
¾ cup raw sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
3 cups whole natural California almonds
4 tsp. cinnamon
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place olive oil in 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 -inch jellyroll pan. Meanwhile, beat egg whites with salt until frothy; gradually add sugar, beating into stiff peaks. Gently fold in almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour almond mixture onto jellyroll pan; toss with butter. Bake about 40 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes, until almonds are crisp. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store cooled almonds in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
For more of Frankel's almond tips, click here.
- The Bethenny Frankel Diet
- Bethenny Frankel Responds to Skinnygirl Margarita Allegations
- How Lisa Lampanelli Lost 25 Pounds
- Bethenny Frankel's 2-Year-Old Daughter Chose Vegetarianism
- Bethenny Frankel Says Baby Daughter is a Vegetarian
- Naturally Thin From Bethenny Frankel
- SkinnyGirl Margaritas are Carcinogenic
- SkinnyGirl Margaritas is Getting Sued Again
- Class Action Suit Filed Against SkinnyGirl Cocktails
- Chefdance and Bethenny Frankel