Hot or not? The recently released Allrecipes 2012 Food Trends Recap has some surprising (and not so surprising) results based on data culled from their site. Winners include Paleo foods and the "Grandma trend", while portobello mushrooms and hot dogs venture down a path of shame and neglect. (Speaking of shame, the above hot dog, with its shameful slathering of ketchup, fills this former Chicagoan with powerful loathing.) As a bonus, you can also find out the hyped industry trends that failed to materialize, sleeper hits, and the top "mispeled" foods. Now excuse me while I fill my vials of bitters with bitter tears.
And maybe we can make absorption-cooked pasta hot for 2013?
- Chefs Predict Top 10 Food Trends in 2012
- NPR Picks 2012 Food Trends
- Community Spotlight: Chef Pete Servold FoodistaChat Recap
- Jon Huntsman Has A Secret Weapon
- Can Man Street Art Has Haunting Faces
- DinnerSpinner App Helps Create Meals with Your Pantry's Inventory
- Infographic: Hot Food Trends in 2014
- Food Channel’s 2011 Top 10 Beverage Trends
- Eat Like a Caveman at Sauvage Restaurant
- Community Spotlight: Dr. Jean Layton FoodistaChat Recap