Denise Breyley, Whole Foods Market’s Local Forager here in Seattle, has the enviable job of traveling the region to visit farmers, ranchers, fishermen and interesting small businesses to find new products to introduce to Whole Foods Market shoppers. Here are some of Denise’s top picks to share with friends and family this season.
For the perfect cheese platter or a great gift for the cheese lover in your life, Mt. Townsend Creamery in Port Townsend, Washington as an exclusive Holiday Cheer Cheese at Whole Foods Market. The cheese is actually washed with fermented apple cider from Finnriver Farm and Cidery, imparting rich grassy flavors and apple notes to the cheese.
Firefly Kitchens in Seattle was recently announced as a finalist for a Good Foods Award, making it the third year in a row they’ve either won or been a finalist. This is a great gift to introduce people to something unique and delicious and give them something they don’t expect. Our local forager’s pick for this year is their Ruby Red Kraut.
A perfect gift for the cook in your life is Alaska Pure Sea Salt. The company began in 2000 and spent 10 years perfecting their craft. Whole Foods Market offers their classic and alder smoke flavored salts, both harvested from the Gulf of Alaska.
If you really want to kick off the holiday festivities, Finnriver Farm and Cidery offers some amazing ciders that are good on their own or perfect for mixing with champagne. For a special treat, try their Black Currant or Huckleberry cider.
Looking for some great holiday menu ideas? Check out Whole Foods Market's Classic Christmas Dinners here.
- 5 Food Lovers Gifts From The Kitchen
- 10 Christmas Gifts For the Food Lover
- Foodista's Holiday Gift Guide: Great Gifts for the Gourmand
- Mulled Wine Kits are a Gift for Wine Lovers
- GF Almond Cranberry Bundt Cakes - Cranberry Craze Pt 1
- 3 Must Try Gluten Free Cranberry Candies - Cranberry Craze Pt 3
- DIY Easy Homemade Gourmet Marshmallows
- Ron Swanson Cookie Gift Box is Perfect for 'Parks and Recreation' Fans
- Gluten Free Foodie Friday: 5 Glorious Thanksgiving Recipes
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies