Gluten-free and vegan ginger cookies from Jessica's Gluten Dairy Free Kitchen are a sweet treat the everyone can enjoy. These cookies are chewy and a bit crisp with an intense ginger flavor in every bite.
1 cup organic dark brown sugar
3/4 cup organic coconut oil
1/4 cup organic molasses
3 tablespoons chunky organic applesauce
2 3/4 cups gluten free flour (I use Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Blend)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup granulated cane sugar for rolling the dough in
Preheat Oven Temperature to 350 degrees F
Prepare 3 half sheet baking pans lined with parchment paper, set aside.
In a small shallow bowl add cane sugar for rolling.
In a small bowl, whisk to combine flour, spices, baking soda, set aside.
In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a bowl using a hand mixer, combine dark brown sugar, coconut oil, molasses, and applesauce. Set on low speed at first to avoid splatter then up to medium speed for 2 minutes, or until fully incorporated.
Add the flour mixture slowly, only a third of the mixture at a time to ensure proper blend of ingredients.
Lay out a piece of wax paper or parchment paper, about 1 foot wide to put the rolled cookies before coating with sugar.
Roll into 1 inch balls with light pressure, like a meatball.
When all have been made into balls transfer to the bowl with sugar (as many as you can fit at a time) then lightly cover with sugar. Make sure to get all sides. Repeat until all cookie dough has been shaped.
Place sugared cookie dough onto baking sheets.
Press down gently just to dent the top a bit.
Bake for 9-11 minutes.
Let cool on the baking sheets for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for a week, or frozen for a month in an airtight container.
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- 5 Sinfully Delicious Vegan Chocolate Desserts
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Cake Pop Recipes
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookie Recipes - Allergy Friendly
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Ginger Cookies- gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Red, White & Blue Smoothie
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Ginger Chicken and Quinoa Stir Fry
- Almond Butter and Chocolate Squares
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Tia's Treats
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Shiraz Chocolate Lava Pudding