If you a looking for a last minute gift, matzoh brittle is an easy, inexpensive and delicious present. Like peanut brittle, a caramel sauce is poured over the top of sheets of matzoh. To make it even more decadent, salted pecans are sprinkled over top along with chocolate chips. This is one homemade candy your friends and family won't soon forget.
1 cup unsalted Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
1-1 1/2 cup whole salted Pecans or Cashews
Sheets of Matzoh to line a cookie sheet
1/4-1/2 cup sliced Almonds
1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or broken chocolate Bar
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Place tin foil or parchment paper that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
Line full sheets of Matzoh onto the cookie sheet and fill in cracks with broken pieces of Matzoh
Place brown sugar, butter and pecans or cashews into saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to a slight boil/simmer.
Watch pot carefully as the caramel can burn if left too long. Should be consistency of soft caramel.
Stir another 3 minutes right as it begins to boil and until it comes to a butterscotch color.
Carefully pour this burning hot caramel onto the matzoh and with a buttered spatula spread it as thin as you can and cover all the matzoh. IT IS HOT SO CARE MUST BE TAKEN NOT TO BURN YOURSELF
Place this mixture into the oven for 7 minutes on the nose and take it out.
Immediately place the semi-sweet chocolate bits over the hot matzoh again spreading it as it begins to melt and cover the entire tray of matzoh.
Sprinkle the sliced or chopped almonds and place in the freezer once the tray has reached room temperature.
Freeze for 1 hour or longer.
Once cooled it will be incredibly hard to break by hand so carefully cover the matzoh and use a heavy pot or a mallet to break up the brittle. It is addictive so the smaller pieces the better or not.
- DIY Gifts: Rum Balls
- Homemade Gifts: White Chocolate Candy Cane Brittle
- Homemade Gifts: Peppermint Millionaire Shortbread
- DIY Gifts: Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
- DIY Gifts: Chocolate Turtles
- Kosher Dark Chocolate Matzo Brittle Recipe
- DIY Gifts: Vanilla Caramel Liqueur
- DIY Gifts: Cinnamon Sugar Pecans
- DIY Easy Homemade Gourmet Marshmallows
- DIY Gifts: Vegan Chocolate Caramel Cups
- Matzo Dumpling Or Matzoh Balls - Knaidlach
- Joanne's Matzoh Brittle
- Vanilla Extract
- Caramel Apple Slab Pie
- Apple Spice Cookies; a recipe for comfort when the air turns chilly
- Matzo in a Wok
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Baked Salmon With Mandarin Orange and Pineapple Salsa
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.