Dhaou Fatnassi, a 20-year-old Tunisian man, has passed away after winning a dare to eat 28 raw eggs. According to reports, Fatnassi was to receive money upon completion, but after finishing, he felt stomach pains. He died in transit en route to the hospital.
Though the cause of death is unconfirmed, the public's assumption believes its due to the food poisoning from the raw eggs (as 1 in 30,000 eggs contain Salmonella).
This is the second food challenge-related death this year; this past October Edward Archbold died after winning a roach eating contest.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!