Dhaou Fatnassi, a 20-year-old Tunisian man, has passed away after winning a dare to eat 28 raw eggs. According to reports, Fatnassi was to receive money upon completion, but after finishing, he felt stomach pains. He died in transit en route to the hospital.
Though the cause of death is unconfirmed, the public's assumption believes its due to the food poisoning from the raw eggs (as 1 in 30,000 eggs contain Salmonella).
This is the second food challenge-related death this year; this past October Edward Archbold died after winning a roach eating contest.
- Furious Pete Eats an Entire Jar of Nutella
- Prilosec Sponsors Chicken Wing Eating Man
- Saddest Competitive Eating Story Ever
- Heiress Daphne Guinness: "I'll Eat When I'm Dead"
- Man Attempts to Eat Burger King Whopper with 1,050 Strips of Bacon
- Hugh Hayden's Gelatin Chicken Shocks the 2011 Jell-O Mold Competition
- 2 Especially Odd Food Stories
- Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri Unveil "Guy vs. Rachael's Celebrity Smackdown"
- Red Robin Launches "The People's Burger" Competition
- 15 Ways To Eat An Egg
- Egg Bhurji Recipe
- Baked Eggs and Bacon Cream In Spinach Fettuccine Nests
- Palmetto Cheese Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- Asian Soft Scrambled Eggs
- Our Favorite Deviled Eggs
- Daring Bakers Challenge Tiramisu
- Lemon Victoria Sandwich Cake with Raspberries, Strawberries and Clotted cream
- Beef Cutlets Easy
- Avgolemono Chicken Soup - A Greek Egg and Lemon Chicken Soup