Jamie Oliver admits he has a bit of an addition to chilies. The celebrity chef says he eats a chili every morning for a jolt of energy.
"It's got a chemical in it called capsaicin that is the nearest natural form of morphine... it stimulates serotonin and happiness," Oliver explained, adding that if he doesn't eat a chili in the morning, he feels sick. "Instead of knocking back coffee, I have a little nibble on a little bit of chili and a lot of cultures have a little bit of chili in the morning, it just gets you going."
Would you make the switch from coffee to spicy chili peppers in the morning?
- Jamie Oliver Doesn't Want to Eat Any More Genitals
- These are the Food-Related Words Jamie Oliver has Banned
- Jamie Oliver Talks Dirty in Fan Video
- Epic Meal Time Kidnaps Jamie Oliver
- Jamie Oliver is the World's Richest Chef
- Jamie Oliver to Open his First American Restaurant
- Jamie Oliver Opens Restaurant Complex at Gatwick Airport
- Jamie Oliver's Employees Given Word List for Selling Specials
- Jamie Oliver to Open Restaurant in Russia
- Jamie Oliver's Dubai Restaurant Still has a Pending Alcohol License
- Broccoli with Chili Peppers, Cannellini Beans and Macaroni
- Laura Moon's Chili
- Creamy Chicken, Lime, And White Bean Chili
- Steak with Tomato Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad With Cilantro-Tamarind Dressing
- Moroccan Potatoes
- Homemade Beef Chili
- Microwaved Baked Potatoes With Chili and Cheese
- Texas Hill Country Chili
- Chardonnay And Herb Fagioli Soup With Chili Chive Croutons