In the land down under, fast food chain McDonald's is commonly referred to as "Macca's" and for a temporary promotion, the chain has changed its name. The upcoming change is to celebrate Australia Day and will revert back to its original name by February 4th.
Mark Lollback, the chief marketing officer of McDonald's Australia, explained the company's decision to make such a large gesture.
"We’re incredibly proud to embrace our ‘Australian-only’ nickname. What better way to show Aussies how proud we are to be a part of the Australian community than change our store signs to the name the community has given us?"
- McDonald's Australia to Start Using DNA Spray to Stop Robbers
- 10 Bizarre McDonald's Branding Moves
- Mickey D's Humanizes Fast Food With "The A-Z of McDonald's"
- Finnish Activists Kidnap Ronald McDonald
- McDonald's Reflective Billboard Casts a New Light on Outdoor Advertising
- McDonald's Tries Table Service in the UK
- McDonalds Combo Turned Into 5 Star Entrees
- McDonald's Germany Pretzelnator is a Crowd-Sourced Combination Created by Fans
- Will Run For Chocolate - Hot Chocolate 5k/15k is America's Sweetest Race
- McDonald’s UK Shows Calorie Counts on Menus