Maria Sharapova's line of candies has been a bit hit, and it's all thanks to social media. The tennis player's agent revealed that the candies have been doing very well since their initial release, especially considering the small marketing budget.
"Every week, everywhere she goes, people are talking to her about it," Sharapova's agent Max Eisenbud said. "It's also the power of social media, the power of her almost 9 million fans on Facebook."
Each bag of Sugarpova sells for $5.99. Sharapova pockets $1.10 on each bag sold. Basically, Sharapova is raking it in!
- Maria Sharapova Launches Candy Line
- 50 Cent Donating Meals for Facebook Likes
- The Cadbury Chocolate Google+ Page is a Sweet Social Media Homage
- 5 Food-Related Social Media Mistakes
- Infographic: The Most Popular Candy on Social Media
- Emma's Pizza Cheeses Off Twitterverse with "Dumbass" Tweet
- Restaurant Chains on Social Media Infographic Shows Brands' Presence Online
- Top 10 Chefs and Food Critics on Twitter
- Entenmann's Tweet References Casey Anthony Trial Verdict
- Belvedere Social Media Ad Offends With Sexual Assault Reference
- Quick and Easy - Cake Pops
- French Vanilla Butter Cake With Raspberry Filling Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Bittersweet Ganache
- Christmas Carbón Dulce - Spanish Candy Coal For Those Naughty Kids
- Candied Grapefruit Peel
- Candied Pomelo Rind
- Candied Ginger
- Candied Cranberries
- Chocolate Dipped Candied Ginger
- Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Italian Almond Brittle