Nathan Lippy from Hungry YouTube has some American, Italian and Southwest sliders that are perfect for your Super Bowl party! Watch the video, get the delicious slider recipes, and enter our giveaway below!
2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
Salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil, as needed
12 slider buns, toasted
Serve with French fries, (recipe below)
3 slices thick cut bacon
1/2 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
4 small slices sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
4 small slices mozzarella
1/2 cup Wholly Salsa Roasted Tomato dip
4 small slices queso blanco
1/2 cup Wholly Guacamole Homestyle dip
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
For Burger Base
1. Place a large grill pan over medium high heat and brush olive oil over the pan to lightly coat. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper, mix to combine. Divide beef into 12 patties and season again with salt and pepper. Grill the sliders until lightly charred and cooked to your liking, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
For American Sliders
1. Preheat a small skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy on both sides, and remove to a paper towel lined plate. Once the bacon has cooled, crumble into bite-sized pieces and reserve.
2. In the same skillet you cooked the bacon in, add the mushrooms and cook in the bacon fat until the mushrooms are golden brown and tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Top sliders with cheddar cheese the last minute of cooking and allow it to melt completely. Place sliders on the toasted buns, top with bacon, crimini mushrooms and BBQ sauce.
For Italian Sliders
1. Top sliders with mozzarella cheese the last minute of cooking and allow to melt completely. Place slider on the toasted bun and top with Wholly Salsa Roasted Tomato dip and basil leaves.
For Southwest Sliders
1. Top sliders with queso blanco the last minute of cooking and allow to melt completely. Place slider on the toasted bun and top with Wholly Guacamole Homestyle dip and shredded lettuce.
4 russet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/4-inch sticks
2 quarts canola oil, for frying
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon smoked chipotle powder
1. Place a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat with canola and heat to 350F.
2. Carefully add potatoes, in batches, to the hot oil and fry, stirring occasionally, until crispy and golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Continue to fry potatoes in batches until all the fries are done, seasoning with salt when the fries come out of the oil. Serve fries plain with the American sliders. Toss fries with parmesan and oregano and serve with Italian Sliders. Toss fries with smoked chipotle powder and serve with the Southwestern sliders.
5 lucky winners will win a HUNGRY t-shirt and a cooler filled with Wholly Guacamole & Salsa products! Winners will be randomly selected and notified on Friday, January 18, 2013 by 5 pm Pacific. Here's how to enter, it's easy!:
1. Subscribe to Hungry on YouTube.
2. Tell us about your favorite slider or one you'd like to try (comment below)!
- Carl's Jr. Giveaway: Dress Like Spider-Man on July 4th, Get a Free Bacon Cheeseburger
- Meatball Sliders with Jalapeño Aioli
- Quick and Easy Three Cheese Lasagna and GIVEAWAY!
- Foodista Holiday Giveaway and Easy Thanksgiving Slow Cooker Recipes
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Post Thanksgiving Meals: Barbecue Turkey Cranberry Pizza
- Cooking + Drinking - 5 Must Try Gluten Free Brandy Recipes
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Bacon Pull Apart Bread
- Easy Holiday Entertaining: Griddled Red Bartlett Pears Wrapped in Iberico Ham
- Easy Holiday Entertaining: Pinwheels Served 2 Ways
- NuStevia Cocoa Syrup Almond Jelly Recipe + Giveaway!
- Spatchcock Chicken & Turkey
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Rizogalo (Rice Pudding) And A Cookbook Giveaway
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Light Salmon Croquette Sliders
- Ahi Tuna Sliders
- Elk Sliders With Pancetta Bacon and Smoked Mozzarella
- Peppered Goat Cheese Log Sliders