What meal can chase away the cold winter blues better than a bowl of hot soup and tangy sourdough bread? Make your own, with this simple recipe.
This is the basic sourdough bread recipe that I have used for years. It is easy enough for a first timer to experiment with. Just remember to give yourself a few days to create the homemade sourdough first.
Don't be fooled into spending a ton of money for a *traditional* starter. Once you start making your own, the wild yeast in YOUR home will change that starter into the same sort of thing you will make from scratch. Also, if your sourdough seems too tangy, add a pinch of baking soda to tame it.
For more sourdough recipes, check these out:
- Homemade Sourdough Bagel Recipe
- 5 Must Try Sourdough Recipes
- Wheatless Wednesday: Sweet Potato Buttermilk Rolls
- 5 Greatest Gluten Free Cornbread Recipes
- How To Make Sourdough Starter
- Perfect Sourdough Bread
- Easy Sourdough Bread Recipe
- 5 Must Try Savory Sourdough Recipes
- Sourdough English Muffins
- Savory Sourdough English Muffins