Foodista user Angela LeMoine shares her recipe for these super easy veggie melts. Sauteed mixed vegetables are piled high on multi-grain bread with mozzarella cheese melted over the top, similar to pizza. This meal can be made any night of the week with whatever ingredients you have in the pantry. Veggie melts will soon become a family staple.
5 multi grain sandwich thins
6 cloves garlic, sliced
2 small red onions, small dice
1 bunch spinach, chopped
1 zucchini, small dice
1 yellow squash, small dice
2 red bell pepper
3/4 lb fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
salt & pepper
Oven at 375 degrees.
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add in a few drizzles of olive oil. Toss in the garlic, onion, zucchini, squash, and red peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened.
Stir in the spinach and cook just until wilted, a couple of minutes.
Open up each sandwich thin and place onto a baking sheet. Pile the veggies over the 10 halves as equally as possible.
Place a slice of mozzarella over each round. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake for approx 15 minutes until the sandwich thins are lightly crisp and the cheese is melted. I served mine with a simple tomato and cucumber salad.
- 3 Must Try 'No Potato' Leek Soup Recipes - Vegan + Gluten Free
- Meatless Monday: 3 Simply Sophisticated Soups
- Celiac Saturday: Tomatoes Stuffed with String Beans
- 5 Gourmet Gluten Free Salads
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Must Try Apple Cider Roasted Carrots with Rosemary
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Fresh and Simple Lentil Salad
- Light and Healthy: Marinated Kale Salad
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan