Emmy Rossum shows off her toned physique in the February 2013 issue of Self magazine. When she wants to shed a few pounds, Rossum amps up her weight training and cuts fruits from her diet.
"When I want to drop weight quickly, I cut back on my cardio and do a lot of weights instead. It's counterintuitive, because you would think, I should stay on the treadmill for five hours," she said. "I also cut out all fruit and eat a lot of protein and vegetables."
While filming her upcoming movie Beautiful Creatures Rossum worked with a nutritionist and stuck to 1,500 calories a day. Despite the strict diet, the actress still allowed herself cheat days.
"When I was filming Beautiful Creatures, I ate 1,500 calories a day -- nutritionist Carrie Wiatt sent me meals from LA. But I also gave myself two cheat days a week. I'd eat steak and fries, an ice cream sundae and then go to Pinkberry. Of course, then I'd wake up the next morning and go, 'Oh, great, I'm eating one poached egg and a green apple. Shoot me in the face.' But it was totally worth it. Now I can gain back those 6 pounds that I had to lose to do the movie."
To hear more about Rossum's diet and workout regime, click here.
- Editor-in-Chief of Self Magazine Launches New Diet Book
- Olivia Munn Shares her Diet Secrets
- Lisa Ling Shares Her Daily Diet
- 'Teen Mom' Jenelle Evans Shares Diet Tips
- Zooey Deschanel Says her Healthy Weight is 'Weird' for Hollywood
- Heather Morris' Diet Tip: Eat What You Want
- Green Bay Packers' Jarius Wynn Shares His In-Season Diet
- Lou Ferrigno Shares how he Stayed in Shape During 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Katharine McPhee's Smashing Diet
- Elizabeth Hurley Shares Healthy New Year's Resolution