Treat yourself to a stack of these incredible strawberry shortcake pancakes. If you are feeling guilty just looking at the picture - don't! These pancakes are actually good for you. They are made using 0% Greek yogurt, whole wheat flour, and egg whites. Also, dried strawberries are mixed into the batter while fresh berries top the pancakes. You can allow yourself to indulge a little bit by adding a dollop of whipped cream.
3/4 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Egg Whites
1/2 cup Whole-Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Almond Extract
1/2 tsp Sugar
Dash of Salt
1/3 Cup Freeze Dried Strawberries
1 cup Strawberries – frozen or fresh (I used frozen)
1 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. Fat Free Whip Cream (optional)
Mix Greek Yogurt, Egg Whites & Almond Extract into a small bowl
In a separate bowl combine Flour, Baking Soda, Sugar, & Salt
Combine and whisk till evenly mixed
Fold in Dried Strawberries
In a sauce pan or small pot add frozen or fresh strawberries and 1tsp. sugar and cook until thawed and juicy about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spray Skillet with cooking spray and place 1/4-cup batter onto skillet and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake and then flip. NOTE: Cook on medium heat and I flattened out my batter with the spatula to cook more evenly.
About 1-2 minutes on each side
Top with strawberry Sauce and Maple Syrup, and add a dollop of fat free whip cream.
Makes 2 servings, 8 pancakes total, 4 pancakes each.
- Incredible Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- Mini German Pancakes with Strawberry Filling
- Post Thanksgiving Breakfast: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes
- Wheatless Wednesdays: Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- The Best Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- Insanely Delicious Cinnamon Marscapone Pancakes with Cheeries
- Delightful Dairy-Free Pancakes
- Gluten-free Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
- Mother's Day Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Hostess Cupcake Pancakes are Chock-Full of Cocoa
- Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- Strawberry Banana Stuffed Pancakes
- Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce & Sour Cream
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Bread Machine Apple Breakfast Buns
- Green Plantain Pancake w/ Cheese and Tomato Scallion Sauce (Arepa de Platanos Verde con Queso y Salsa de Tomate y Cebolla)
- Camp Pancakes
- Durian Pancake
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Oat Bars
- Sweet Strawberry and Peaches Verrine