Begin your Sunday morning with these scrumptious vegan blueberry muffins from The Duo Dishes. Even though they are made without any milk or eggs, these muffins have a soft crumb. Unsweetened applesauce is a key ingredient in this recipe because it keeps the muffins moist and replaces the fat added by the eggs. If fresh blueberries are available, feel free to use the frozen variety. Once you see how easy these vegan blueberry ginger muffins are to bake, you'll want to whip up a batch every weekend.
1 1/2 cups flour plus 1 tablespoons, divided
1/2 cup almond pulp or almond meal
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons flax seed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
4 ounces applesauce, unsweetened
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon soy milk*
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups blueberries
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the apple sauce, vegetable oil, soy milk, vanilla and sugar until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, almond pulp (or almond flour), baking powder, flax seed, ground ginger and salt. In a smaller bowl, toss the blueberries in the remaining tablespoon of flour.
This recipe has been veganized of course. Use regular milk if that is your preference.
- Celiac Saturday: 5 Deliciously Healthy Blueberry Muffin Recipes
- Grilled Peaches with Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
- Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Bread Pudding
- Wheatless Wednesday: Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free Roasted Figs 3 Ways
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Raw and Gluten-Free Key Lime Pie
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie