Swedish meatballs made in the slow cooker are a stress-free way to enjoy this retro dish. Traditionally, Swedish meatballs are made from a combination of ground meats, usually beef, pork and veal. This recipe solely uses ground beef but feel free to add others. These meatballs are first cooked in the oven before being soaked in the mushroom gravy. Serve your Swedish meatballs with buttered egg noodles.
3 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2/3 cup evaporated milk
3 tablespoons parsley
1 tablespoon onion flakes
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon salt
5-6 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
1/2 medium onion chopped
1 stick butter
1 can beef broth
2 cups milk
1 can beer
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup flour
2 cups sour cream
Combine all ingredients for meatballs. Mash well until all ingredients thoroughly incorporated.
Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls and lay out on cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
While baking meatballs, melt butter in large wok.
Add onions to butter and simmer until transparent.
Add mushrooms and continue to simmer about five minutes.
Add 1/2 cup flour and simmer, stirring constantly, until thoroughly incorporated.
Add broth, milk, beer, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
Stir constantly until well combined.
Transfer to slow cooker.
About one hour before serving, combine 3/4 cup flour with 1 cup of mushroom gravy juice and stir slowly into cooker until well combined.
Set slow cooker to low, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
Turn cooker to warm and keep warm until serving.
Just before serving, stir in sour cream until well combined.
Serve with noodles, rice, or perogies.
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- Tasty Slow-Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Best Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- The Cookbook Collector: Comfort Food Fix + Swedish Meatballs
- Best Gluten Free Chili Recipes
- Chicken Corn Chowder in the Slow Cooker
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- How-To Recipe: Crock-pot Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Mac n' Cheese
- Slow Cooker Dim Sum Pulled Pork & Sweet Sesame Snap Peas
- Slow Cooker 15 Bean and Ham Hock Soup
- Hearty and Healthy; Steak, Mushroom and Rice Stew
- Spicy Meatball Ravioli Soup
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow Cook Barbecued Ribs
- Coq Au Vin - Slow Cooker Method
- Vegan Homemade Refried Beans – Slow Cooker
- Crock Pot Chili with Beans