With Meyers Lemons season in full swing, now is the perfect time to make preserved lemons; a middle eastern specialty.
This recipe given by Foodista member: Helen Pitlick, provides the basic recipe as well as a spiced up version. Both are luscious and well worth the effort to make them.
You may be wondering what to do with these delicious bits of exotic flavor. If so, Foodista has you covered:
- Seasonal Eating: Meyer Lemon and Strawberry Ice Cream
- DIY Preserved Lemons
- Seasonal Eating: Homemade Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Seasonal Eating: Making Dill Pickles
- The Perfect Condiment, Homemade Zaatar
- DIY Gluten Free Baba Ghanoush
- Stuffed Zucchini 5 Ways
- Seasonal Eating: Strawberry Galette
- Must-Make Meyer Lemon Shortcakes
- Seasonal Eating: Rhubarb Cake