Today is National Blueberry Pancake Day! To celebrate, Driscoll’s, growers of Only the Finest Berries™, launched an online study revealing the fun and surprising ways in which Americans are enjoying blueberry pancakes. In fact, more than 82% of survey respondents agree that a stack of fluffy pancakes with plump, juicy blueberries is not just for breakfast anymore. Respondents admit they’ve enjoyed blueberry pancakes for lunch or dinner. It also appears that National Blueberry Pancake Day is growing into a full-blown celebration of all things blueberry. Recent Nielson data shows that 36% of American households consume fresh blueberries, totaling approximately 247 million pounds per year. That’s an average of six pounds of fresh blueberries per person a year!
“Every day should be National Blueberry Pancake Day,” said Frances Dillard, Director of Marketing, Driscoll’s. “Pancakes are an American favorite, and incorporating blueberries adds flavor and boosts nutrition. Loaded with antioxidants, blueberries are a super food powerhouse,” she added.
More than 3,000 berry lovers participated in Driscoll’s online survey and revealed these insights:
*98% said they should be called pancakes. Not flapjacks, hot cakes, griddlecakes, short stacks and silver dollars.
*66% want syrup or honey on their blueberry pancakes while only 18% prefer butter.
*43% prefer bacon as their favorite side. Sausage was a far second, favored only by 19% of the survey participants.
*While buttermilk blueberry pancakes are tops with most pancake lovers, whole wheat blueberry pancakes and even gluten-free blueberry pancakes were named as favorites in the survey.
Driscoll’s berry lovers would most like to share a plate of blueberry pancakes with the crew at ABC’s Good Morning America, and more than 46% would like Rachael Ray to make their blueberry pancakes.
Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes
- Free IHOP Short Stacks for National Pancake Day
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Asparagus Ricotta Tartlets
- The Best Blueberry Banana Pancakes
- Best Breakfast: Meyer Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Gluten-free Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
- Mother's Day Brunch: Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Mother's Day Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Meyer Lemon Ricotta Pancakes With Blackberry Compote
- Celebrate National Pancake Week With These Awesome Recipes
- IHOP Celebrates National Pancake Day with Free Short Stack
- Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes
- Meyer Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blackberry Compote
- Ricotta Lemon Pancakes
- Crepes with Whipped Orange Ricotta & Fresh Strawberry Sauce
- Blueberry Cheese Pancakes
- Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
- Blueberry Pancakes With Maple Orange Syrup
- Lemon Scented Polenta Pancakes with Blueberry Thyme Syrup
- Carrot Cake Pancakes w Honey Butter
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole