Mayim Bialik is one of the most vocal vegans in Hollywood. She took to her blog to share her experiences at this year's SAG Awards, taking readers through her entire day. Bialik even wrote about the award show's vegan menu, which she seemed pretty unimpressed with.
"There was a vegan meal, and it was... exotic," Bialik wrote. "There was some barley that tasted so much like Kasha that maybe it was. Also there was some tiny adorable couscous with pomegranate seeds and cauliflower, and then there was broccoli with pine nuts."
Bialik also revealed that portions of the meal left her feeling a bit uneasy.
"Let's just lay it down right here and now, no holds barred, I am just being totally honest: something I ate made me so incredibly bloated that my lovely Thomas Knoell jeweled belt (which Ali selected well before Michelle Obama wrote one to the inauguration!) dug so deep into my waist and ribs that it became painful to sit. Or stand. Or walk. All I could picture was unzipping that dress."
Find out more details about the SAG awards menu here.
- SAG Awards to Serve Vegan-Friendly Options
- Mayim Bialik Trashes Meat for PETA
- Mayim Bialik is a Vegan
- Mayim Bialik: Veganism is Good for the Environment
- Mayim Bialik Announces Vegan Cookbook
- Golden Globe Awards Cater to Vegetarian Celebs
- Mayim Bialik Shares Vegan Honey Cake Recipe for Rosh Hashanah
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Menu has Something for Everyone
- Fairmont Hotels Allow Special Diet Guests To Dine Like Royalty
- Anne Hathaway Serves Vegetarian Menu at Engagement Party