Kick up your Cajun heels and and get your game face on for Super Bowl Sunday in New Orleans. Created by Herbert's Cajun restaurant, this Red Beans and Rice recipe is designed specifically for tailgating and New Orleans-themed parties. Owner of the restaurant, Ed Richard, says he was surprised and how many people wanted a themed party when the Saints were in the Super Bowl in 2010. This year, he wanted to make sure he was prepared.
"It's kind of surprised me how many people we had when the Saints were in the Super Bowl," he said. "We had no idea we would be as busy as we were. But we were excited and we are ready for the same thing this year."
Red Beans and Rice
1 pound red kidney beans
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
1 small can of tomato sauce
Ham hocks -- left over ham from ham or smoked sausage
Salt, black and red pepper to taste
For the rest of the instructions on how to make this New Orleans Red Beans and Rice recipe, click here.
- Red Beans and Rice with Andouille Sausage Makes the Perfect Mardi Gras Meal
- Super Easy Rice Krispies Snowmen
- Red Velvet Cake Batter Popcorn is a Bowl of Confectionery Kernels
- Easy Holiday Entertaining: Griddled Red Bartlett Pears Wrapped in Iberico Ham
- Super Easy Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Football Whoopie Pies are a Super Bowl Sweet
- Super Simple Chocolate Fudge with Pecans
- Vegan King Cake Recipe for Fat Tuesday
- Fat Tuesday Recipe: Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Holiday Favorite: Classic Green Bean Casserole