This Popcorn Chicken recipe from Nicko's Kitchen: Fast Food Friday is the perfect appetizer for your Super Bowl party! Watch the video below for how to prepare these easy pop-in your-mouth Popcorn Chicken bites!
1 chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup flour
2 Tablespoons salt
3 Tablespoons onion powder
1 Tablespoons icing (confectioners's) sugar
2 Tablespoons pepper
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tsp milk
2 egg whites
Vegetable oil for frying
*serve with sweet onion sauce
Watch the video for instructions:
Hi everyone and welcome to Nicko’s Kitchen’s Fast Food Friday. Today we’re making one of the most popular fast foods around the world. And I bet it’s eaten every second of the day. And we’re going to recreate one of the most popular fast foods. Of course we’re making popcorn chicken.
So we’re going to try and get as close as we can to the KFC popcorn chicken recipe as I can. I’m going to make it really, really simple for you. Now, the first thing that I’m going to do, into a bowl is just add in some plain flour. Now, we’re going to season our flour with some salt, some pepper, we’re going to add in some onion powder. So we’re going to add in just a little bit of some icing sugar and just give it a stir guys. And this is basically the popcorn chicken recipe, the seasoning recipe with the flour.
Now into the second bowl what I’m going to do is add in some egg whites. And I’ve just separated the yolk from the whites. You’ve seen me do this many times before. So I’m not going to go over it again. And just add the egg whites to the bowl. And to the egg whites I’m just going to add just a tiny bit of milk and just give it a quick whisk.
Now into our third bowl, what I’m going to put in is some Panko Bread Crumbs. Now, you can find these breadcrumbs in your Asian section of your supermarket. And this is the best way and the best result you’re going to get with your popcorn chicken. Please try and find these, don’t use anything else like a normal breadcrumb, you’re going to get the best crunch out of these Panko Bread Crumbs, and just add them straight into the bowl.
So guys, we’ve got our breading station ready to go. We’ve got our seasoned flour, we’ve got our egg white mixture and we’ve got our breadcrumbs. So let’s start crumbing up.
So guys, I’ve got some chicken breasts here that I’ve just cut up into small cubes, about the size of that. Now, this part is very important and it’s the secret behind getting the popcorn chicken right. Now, what I want you to do is grab your chicken and I want you just to coat it in the seasoned flour and then take it and dip it into the egg white and milk mixture and then dip it into the breadcrumbs. Now guys, it’s very important after that I want you to dip it back into the egg white mixture and then back into the breadcrumbs one more time, and guys, that’s what we’re left with, we’ve double dipped our chicken.
For full instructions, click here.
- How-To Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie
- Video Recipe: Make Kentucky Fried Chicken at Home
- How to Recipe: Chicken and Rice Soup
- How-To Recipe: Paleo Cauliflower Pizza
- How-To Recipe: Easy Pizza Dough
- How-To Recipe: Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cake
- How-To Recipe: Mini Deep Dish Pizzas
- How-To Recipe: Deep Dish Pizza on the Grill
- How-To Recipe: Crock-pot Pulled Pork
- How-To Recipe: Slutty Brownies
- Savory Chicken Meatballs with Penne Pasta
- Chicken With Cream & Garlic
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Grilled Chicken & Steak w Vegetable Medley
- Dill Chicken And Dill Relish- دجاج بالشبت و صلصة الشبت
- Tequila Laced Mexican Rice and Chicken
- Video: How to Make Italian Coffee at Home
- Ginger Orange Chicken
- Game Night Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Baked Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Wild Rice