Miso grilled chicken with edamame corn salad is a summery meal that you can enjoy during any season. Chicken breasts are seasoned with ginger, miso paste, garlic, and sesame oil before being seared on the grill. If the weather permits, you can cook this meal outside but an indoor grill works just as good. The edamame and corn salad is fresh and bright and is a delicious compliment to the chicken.
2 Tbsp miso paste
1 thumb ginger grated
2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic grated or mashed
2 Tbsp dark sesame oil
1 lb chicken
1 1/4 cups corn kernels
2 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup shelled edamame
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup small-diced red bell pepper
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp light mayonnaise
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped or grated ginger
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Add all of the marinade ingredients except the chicken into a medium sized bowl.
Whisk well to combine.
Add chicken and mix to coat all surfaces. It's okay to use your hands here. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinade for a couple of hours to overnight.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If using frozen corn defrost kernels. Add to medium sized mixing bowl.
Sprinkle with 2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to make sure kernels are evenly coated.
Spread in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet.
Roast for 2-3 minutes and give the kernels a toss.
Roast an additional 2-3 minutes until kernels are nice and golden brown.
Add all ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl.
Mix well and let rest in the refrigerator.
Remove chicken from the refrigerator. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a non-stick grill pan over medium high heat. Grill chicken for 4-5 minutes per side. You can tell the chicken is ready to flip when you have nice char marks. Flip and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Remove to a plate and serve with a generous portion of your corn salad.
Great flavors in this meal and the chicken was complimented by the salad. Easy and quick to make I highly recommend this meal any day of the week.
- Grilled Ginger Miso Chicken
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Earth Day Recipe: Edamame Burgers with Sumac-Spiced Carrot Curls
- Killer Kale Salads for Everyday Meals
- Satisfying Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Grilled Mojito Chicken Bowls with Quinoa
- Get Grilling: Hearty Fruits and Veggies
- How-To Recipe: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken and Other Comforting Chicken Dishes
- Mini Chicken and Vegetable Meatloaf Muffins
- Grilled Miso Chicken with Roasted Corn and Edamame Salad
- Ginger Orange Chicken
- Grilled Chicken & Steak w Vegetable Medley
- Vegetable Gratin
- Grilled Chicken and Sweet With Heat Boysenberry Barbecue Sauce
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Spatchcock Chicken & Turkey
- Grilled Chicken Skewers with Asian Flavors
- Edamame Miso Puree
- The Best Grilling Marinade Ever!