Duff Goldman has offered to bake a free wedding cake for a lesbian couple who had been rejected by another cake company. Sweet Cakes Bakery in Oregon refused a same-sex couple when they went in to buy a wedding cake last month. The owner of the bakery, Aaron Klein, reportedly said they were "abominations unto the Lord."
Klein and his business are now under investigation because he has violated the Oregon Equality Act of 2007, which prohibits discrimination of sexual orientation. However, the couple need not shed tears over the incident since they might now be getting a wedding cake, for free, from Duff Goldman of Ace of Cakes fame.
"Two people who pledge to spend the rest of their lives today; that's cool," Goldman said. "It doesn't matter who they are."
There is no word yet if the couple is going to take Goldman up on his offer.
- Duff Goldman Opens Cake Decorating Shop in LA
- 5 Best Duff Goldman Quotes From Grub Street's Diary-Style Interview
- Duff Goldman Talks Weight Loss
- Duff Goldman Films a Lo-Fi How-To Video for Blue Bunny Ice Cream
- Duff Goldman: I Hate Fondant
- YouTube to Launch Food Channel HUNGRY
- Salt and Other Cooking Tips from Celebrity Chefs
- Realistic Burmese Python Cake
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Cake Brings the Magic to Life
- Food Network Announces "Sugar High" With Duff Goldman
- Pastry Creme Layered Orange Marmalade Cake
- Wedding Champagne Punch
- Russian Teacakes, Mexican Wedding Cake
- Wedding Cake Cocktail
- Italian Wedding Cake
- Butter Wedding Cake
- French Vanilla Butter Cake With Raspberry Filling Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Bittersweet Ganache
- İki Renkli Kek
- Ga Kho Aka Caramelized Chicken (Adapted From Both Ravenous Couple and Cookin’ Canuck)
- Lady Bird's Lemon Cake