Kelly Clarkson's song "Stronger" seems to inspire more than just a positive message for young girls. Mixologist, Paul McGee, of Bub City bar in Chicago, created a cocktail inspired by Clarkson's hit song.
"It was kind of tongue in cheek, but the Old Fashioned is usually a nice introduction to drinking boozy cocktails or drinking bourbon straight," McGee said. "It is definitely a 'strong' drink with a subtle sweetness and lingering finish and usually wins over people who would never drink such a bold drink. It most likely won't kill you, but might also make you appreciate something new. I can totally see Kelly Clarkson drinking one of these!
"What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" Old Fashioned
2.5 oz Any 100 proof bourbon or rye will do
.25 oz Demerara Syrup (2 parts unrefined cane sugar to 1 part water until granules dissolve)
4 dashes angostura bitters
1 orange peel and cherry
To see the rest of this Kelly Clarkson-inspired cocktail recipe, click here.
- The Homemade Gin Kit is for the DIY Mixologist
- Master Mixologist Michael MacDonnell Teaches the Art of Cocktail-Making
- Barenjager Honey Liqueur Calls for Mixologists in National Bartender Competition
- Coca-Cola Freestyle App Lets You Play Soda Mixologist
- Community Spotlight: Twitter FoodistaChat With Mixologist Warren Bobrow
- 5 New Cocktails you've never heard of prior to today
- One of the Best Bottles of Bourbon You've NEVER Heard of...
- Amarula: the best cream -you've never heard of yet...
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Crepes Suzette
- Sunday Sippin': Top 10 Watermelon Cocktails
- Shannon's Seoul Summer Sip; with watermelon and rum
- Olivier salad: simple salad recipe you will love
- Ceviche de Camarones – Shrimp Ceviche
- Mother Rimmy's Take On Egg Rolls
- Kelly's Hot Tamale Casserole
- WITCHES BREW
- Brain Teaser
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- A sensational summer sip from Prince Edward Island, The "Eddy"
- Poinsettia Cocktail - Mimosa's Sibling