Kelly Clarkson's song "Stronger" seems to inspire more than just a positive message for young girls. Mixologist, Paul McGee, of Bub City bar in Chicago, created a cocktail inspired by Clarkson's hit song.
"It was kind of tongue in cheek, but the Old Fashioned is usually a nice introduction to drinking boozy cocktails or drinking bourbon straight," McGee said. "It is definitely a 'strong' drink with a subtle sweetness and lingering finish and usually wins over people who would never drink such a bold drink. It most likely won't kill you, but might also make you appreciate something new. I can totally see Kelly Clarkson drinking one of these!
"What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" Old Fashioned
2.5 oz Any 100 proof bourbon or rye will do
.25 oz Demerara Syrup (2 parts unrefined cane sugar to 1 part water until granules dissolve)
4 dashes angostura bitters
1 orange peel and cherry
To see the rest of this Kelly Clarkson-inspired cocktail recipe, click here.
- The Homemade Gin Kit is for the DIY Mixologist
- Master Mixologist Michael MacDonnell Teaches the Art of Cocktail-Making
- Coca-Cola Freestyle App Lets You Play Soda Mixologist
- Barenjager Honey Liqueur Calls for Mixologists in National Bartender Competition
- Community Spotlight: Twitter FoodistaChat With Mixologist Warren Bobrow
- 5 New Cocktails you've never heard of prior to today
- Kelly Clarkson is on a Portion-Controlled Diet
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Vodka Won't Make You Feel Childish
- Pamela Anderson Doesn't Diet
- Kelly Clarkson Gets Help From Paula Deen for Thanksgiving Dinner
- Spanish Rice - It Doesn't Get Any Easier Than This!
- Shannon's Seoul Summer Sip; with watermelon and rum
- Kelly's Hot Tamale Casserole
- WITCHES BREW
- Brain Teaser
- Prune Cake - Don't Turn Up Your Nose, It's Better Than You'd Ever Think!!!
- A sensational summer sip from Prince Edward Island, The "Eddy"
- Poinsettia Cocktail - Mimosa's Sibling
- A healthy twist on the Pina Colada
- Become Stronger and Get Hard Muscles!