Ever find yourself staring at your pantry, aimless, with no idea what you should make for dinner? Why not try this Bean Soup and Avocado recipe! Perfect for cold winter days, this recipe was created by Kelly Rossiter who came up with it after she realized her avocados were almost too ripe. She began searching through her pantry for a solution and came up with this hearty soup.
Bean Soup with Avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Piment d'Espelette or cayenne pepper
- 1 or 2 dried chilies, reconstituted
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Sprinkle cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Splash lemon juice
Check out the rest of the recipe here.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!