Jessica Chastain recently got a bit of a surprise during an interview with Katie Couric. Her former The Help costar Octavia Spencer sent Couric a letter, revealing that she has been craving Chastain's vegan soul food.
"Jessica, I hope that since starring on Broadway and getting your second Oscar nomination... you haven't gotten too busy to cook me another delicious vegan, soul food meal!" Spencer wrote. "All of the accolades you've received this year are so deserved and couldn't have happened to a better person!"
Chastain joked that Spencer is such a great actress, you couldn't tell in The Help that she doesn't actually know how to cook at all. Because she lacked in culinary skills, she became accustomed to Chastain's vegan cooking.
- Jessica Chastain and Woody Harrelson are PETA's Sexiest Vegetarians of 2012
- Jessica Chastain is Vegan
- Octavia Spencer: Women Would be Happier if They Ate More
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Vegan Food Tumblr Blogs
- 8 Ways To Spice Up Your Homemade Juice Creations
- 6 Healthy Potato Chip Alternatives
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Honey LaBronx Launches Vegan Drag Queen Cooking Show
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Dandelion pesto
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- A Fragrant Tomato Soup
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Petite Tomato Salad Tartar
- It’s A Cold Night Fideo Soup
- Cashew Cream
- Peppermint Bark Lollipops
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
- Curried Butternut Squash and Apple Soup