Jessica Chastain recently got a bit of a surprise during an interview with Katie Couric. Her former The Help costar Octavia Spencer sent Couric a letter, revealing that she has been craving Chastain's vegan soul food.
"Jessica, I hope that since starring on Broadway and getting your second Oscar nomination... you haven't gotten too busy to cook me another delicious vegan, soul food meal!" Spencer wrote. "All of the accolades you've received this year are so deserved and couldn't have happened to a better person!"
Chastain joked that Spencer is such a great actress, you couldn't tell in The Help that she doesn't actually know how to cook at all. Because she lacked in culinary skills, she became accustomed to Chastain's vegan cooking.
- Jessica Chastain and Woody Harrelson are PETA's Sexiest Vegetarians of 2012
- Jessica Chastain is Vegan
- Octavia Spencer: Women Would be Happier if They Ate More
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Vegan Food Tumblr Blogs
- Ellen DeGeneres Launches Vegan Website, "Going Vegan With Ellen"
- Honey LaBronx Launches Vegan Drag Queen Cooking Show
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- Low Fat Vegan Eating and A Cold Summer Soup
- PETA Releases Top 10 Vegan-Friendly Cities
- Meatless Monday: 5 Vegan Recipes We Love
- Dandelion pesto
- Vegan Texas-Fried "Steak" Bites
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Vegan, Low Fat "A La Russe" Olivier Salad
- Spiced Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Chicken Stew For The Soul
- Chicken Soup To Spice Up The Soul
- Soul Satisfying Tomato Bisque
- Warm The Soul :: Chili